Saturday, October 2, 2010

September!!

So... last month was crazy busy. Wish I could use that as an excuse as to why I haven't posted on here, But I can't. So what happened last month?

The first week of last month was the last week of my language camp in Zürich. Which meant that the seccond week was the first week of real school! It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to get used to regular school. The students are all really cool and help me when I don't understand anything... which happens a lot...

And here is what happens when I am bored in school

I had two weeks of classes, and then we had a week camp in Basel with the whole class. It was a lot of fun. We went to an anatomy museum, the zoo, hiking in the mountains, a Zeilpark (a big park with a lot of ropes courses in the trees.), and trottinet which are little bikes that you stand on and ride down the mountain. For this camp we stayed in a youth hostile in the town of Titerten. In our free time we played ping pong, listened to music, played frisbee, basketball and other fun stuff. It seems that students here in Switzerland are given more freedom then we have back home. There were two teachers with us on the trip, and they didn't do anything but get us to where we needed to go, buy the food, and that was just about it. We made groups for the cooking every day, so the students cooked, cleaned, and everything inbetween. They just let us loose in Basel for one afternoon to do whatever we wanted. So that week was a lot of fun, and I got to know my classmates a lot better.



Besides school, I have hung out with the other exchange students. On the 25th, I went to Zurich Freestyle with Yoda and Andrew. It was raining, and cold, but it was still a lot of fun. They were giving away a lot of free stuff, most of which was junk. They set up a ski jump, and had skiing and snowboarding, along with skateboarding. For dinner, we went back into Zurich and bought food at a Coop.
I went to France!... or just saw a sign that went to the trains that could bring you to France.
Good enough for me!

So that's mostly what happened the last month... with other fun stuff thrown in there too. When I was in Basel with my class, I ran into some Missionaries when I was waiting for the tram to come, so I talked to them for about 20 minutes which was cool. Then again today when I was walking back to the Banhoff to go home, I ran into some Sister Missionaries and talked to them for about 5 minutes so that was fun.

2 comments: