Monday, February 21, 2011

Ski Ferien!

After my weeks stay in Germany, I came back and had three weeks of school, and then two weeks of holidays for skiing. I spent both weeks in the mountains with my host families skiing. It was really beautiful, and amazing. BUT.... I recently had a memory card failure (and lost about 400 pictures from the past 3 weeks), and may have lost all proof of these trips forever. So What I'm going to do is mail my memory card to my brother back home, and hopefully he can recover the lost photos from it.

I spent the first week of vacation in Arosa with my 2nd and current host family. A ski resort/location in Kanton GraĆ¼bunden. In south-eastern Switzerland. I traveled there with my host mom with the trains. It was a long ride, but so worth it. We spent the week there. every day, we would get up and eat, then go skiing until 3 or 4. Then come back to the hotel to relax in the welness baths and saunas. Every day after dinner, I would play a couple games of biliards with my host brother, then go sit in the restaurant on the top floor of the hotel with my host family playing games. Like connect 4 and a Swiss game called Jas (pronounced yas). The last day, on the way home, my host mom and I stopped for an hour in Chur. It is a nice Swiss city, and it was a nice day to see it.

For the second week of ski vacation, I was with my first host family in Ovronnaz, a different skiing place in Kanton Wallis. It was a really nice ski place, and a really nice ski house that we lived in for the week. Instead of a hotel, we had a vacation house that was rented out to us for the week. It was nice, and had 5 bedrooms, one of which i got all to myself. :D My "host niece and nephiew were there too. They are the cutest little Swiss kids, and I had a lot of fun playing with them for the week. Ronja, the oldest, shares my birthday, so When I got here back in August, we had a combined birthday party.

Now I have three more weeks of school, and then I get to miss a week of school with Yoda to teach Swiss kids from my Village how to ski at their ski camp. It should be lots of fun! After the ski camp, I have one more week of school, and then it's already time for the Italy trip!

So I love my host families and I couldn't thank them enough for bringing me with on their ski vacations. I had a lot of fun!

1 comment:

  1. That is completely awesome that you got to spend two whole weeks skiing in Switzerland! Good thing you ski, hey? :) Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete