Thursday, January 13, 2011

5 Months down, 6 to go.

Exactly 5 months ago today, at 9 in the morning, I arrived in Zürich International airport. The last 5 months have been more adventerous and eventful then any consecutive 5 months of my life.
In the last 5 months, I have been to 3 different countries (4 if you count the US).
I have tried new (and delicious) foods.
5 months ago I rode my first train... since then, I've spent countless hours/days traveling around Switzerland with them.
5 months ago I could say "hi" and "where is the bathroom" in German, now I can hold a steady conversation with anyone. Maybe even throwing in a little Swiss-German too!
I've seen castles, churches and buildings older then the United States, Famous mountains and landmarks.
I've missed my fair share of busses and trains.
I've froze on top of the Little Matterhorn with a train load of other exchange students, and had a great time doing it.
I've been skiing in the Alps.
I've been asked about Obama.... a lot.
I can understand movies in German now... for the most part.
I've bought and eaten an 11 lb Toblerone chocolate bar, with the help of some friends.
I've helped a few American strangers find their way around Zürich.
I've lived with amazing host families, that feel more like real family then just a host family.


The next 6 months are going to go by faster then the first 5!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, Benjamin!

    Then=consecutive (and then...); than=comparing (better than...)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete